Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's A New Year!!

I cannot explain to ya'll how excited and in awe I am that it is really 2011! Time FLIES! 2010 ended in an awesome way. My brother, sister, two of our friends and I went to a conference in Atlanta, Georgia with The Impact Movement. God MOVED in so many hearts and lives, and 112 people in the community accepted Christ as their Lord and personal Savior! The conference was SUCH a blessing to be a part of. New Year's Eve was spent with family and the Favorite. As a matter of fact, it was the first new year the Favorite and I spent together! :) We went to my church first, then left early to go to his church, and once that New Year's service was over, we went to a friend's house to play games, eat food (chicken and waffles to be specific, yay!), and talk! It was really a great day!

I must say, 2010 was an interesting year. Things happened that I didn't expect to happen, and some stuff didn't happen that I was sure would work out! In the midst of it all, I praise God for His sovereignty and His grace. He has been long-suffering with me continually drawing me to Himself! I am thankful that I can close the year out knowing that even in the midst of many past mistakes, I am forgiven and closer to the Lord than I was when the year first started!

One of my main goals for 2011 and for all the years to follow is to fully engage in whatever season I'm in! I know that I have the propensity to be such a visionary and to have so many dreams for the future that I end up missing out on opportunities to follow and serve the Lord, my community, my family, and others around me right now, in the present! It's so easy for us to begin to question what God's will is for us, what He desires for us to do, etc., etc. While that isn't necessarily bad, many times all God's will for us is to obey Him daily, moment by moment. Each time we are prompted by the Spirit and we walk in obedience to what He has said, we are walking in His will...How amazing is that!? With that being said, my desire is to live life to the fullest on a daily basis, by being obedient to the Spirit and fully engaging in whatever it is He has me a part of in each season of life.

How did you all bring in the new year? And what decisions have you made for this upcoming year/years to come? I'd love to hear your thoughts. :)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment