Friday, June 25, 2010

Birthday Money

This is about my birthday. And money. But not about birthday money.

I'm so thankful to the Lord for bringing me into another year of life!! I'm incredibly excited to see what the age 21 holds. I know God is going to do some big things in my life and the lives of others I know, and I'm just looking forward to seeing the turnout! I ate lunch with the Favorite, and then went and had an Oreo shake with the Hermanita at Potbelly's. On the way to the Metro I got into a conversation with a homeless guy named Marshall (who I now regret passing so many times in the past). He was such a nice guy, and so smart, and very interested in spiritual things as well as philosophy. I ended up buying two books from him, and I look forward to stopping and talking with him in the future! The Scripture about what I do for the poor being a reflection on my relationship with Christ kept coming to mind that day, and I could've ignored it, but praise be to God that His Spirit enabled me to follow His leading in talking to this man. God loves him no less! So important to remember. Definitely a birthday highlight. :)

Okay, so after that I went home, worked on the last of the fundraising for the day, and leave to mail out some donations. But when I get to the post office I realize I left the envelopes at home. Booooo. At this point I'm getting kinda frustrated, but it's all better when I meet my family at Wegmans. They surprised me with a mini-celebration which included a chocolate creme pie (YES!!), pizza, the surprise arrival of Mom's Friend and the Favorite, and the Hermanita and Bro-in-Law! Yayyy!! It was awesome. Good food, conversation, and gifts!! The Hermanita and Bro-in-Law bought me a brand spankin' new camera (which I've been without for a while) for my trip to Cape Town, along with 8 gigs of memory! Woot woot! Beautiful cards and sentiments were expressed as well. :) I love love love my siblings and my parents and the Favorite and the Bro-in-Law, even if I do say mean things and beat up on them every now and then ;-) I'm so thankful to God for a good day!

Now about that money. That's actually regarding all the donations needed for my missions trip to Cape Town in a little over a week! Friday (um, today) is when the full $6,000.00 is due! As of Sunday I only had $3,505, but I have seen God move in people's hearts big time this week, and have seen another $2,300 or so come in this week alone! Still praying that the last little bit will come in today, sealing me in for this trip! How exciting it is to see God work. It's been especially great to see people who aren't giving out of their abundance, but simply out of a heart to sow into the kingdom of God. Plus all these people who've been so supportive are partnering in the work God is doing in Cape Town, even though they aren't physically there! How amazing is that!?

Anyways, it's well past my bedtime, and I just wanted to do a short catch up since it's been a while since I've posted. Next time I post hopefully I'll have some pictures to post from my new camera, woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment