Monday, June 7, 2010

BlogLight!


Welcome to the first edition of "BlogLight!," a post in which I will highlight certain blogs of friends or people I've found online who I enjoy. I'm not sure yet how frequently I will do my "bloglights," but be on the look out for more in the future!

The first blog I would like to highlight is Soul in Bloom, created by Alisha, a friend of mine. Alisha was the one who initially inspired me to go through with the process of creating My Life: Perpetua. She (and a couple other friends) brainstormed names with me (though they were no where close to what I currently have!), and she pretty much "showed me the ropes," so to speak. Both new bloggers, we've had the opportunity to encourage each other in writing (especially when we don't feel like it hehe) and also share with each other different blogs that we enjoy! 

My favorite post at Soul in Bloom is entitled "Will Your Vision Matter?" The reason I love this post is because there is something so beautiful about being transparent about what the Lord is doing in our lives! It's so evident that God wants Alisha to step out of her comfort zone into "His Zone," where He takes complete control, working things out in her life that go exceedingly and abundantly above anything she could ask or think! (Eph.3.20-21) God desires this of all of us though! This statement by Alisha sums it up well: 
My challenge for others, as you think about your own vision for God, is to step out of your comfort zone, whatever that may be. Don’t just “work on” the easy things, but let God truly grow you. As a quote that I love goes, “Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn’t really matter.” Will your vision matter?
Are there any desires God has placed into your life that have not yet been acted upon out of fear of knowing how it will all turn out? I encourage you to take a step of faith, trusting that God really does know what He's doing, then see the incredible results of taking Him at His Word! 

Don't forget to check out Soul in Bloom, and I would love to hear how God is working in your life individually even know, so do share! Have a great week!! :) 


1 comment: