Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You...

Ever heard the song "You and Me" by Lifehouse? (The title's a line from the song, fyi!) The song is about five years old, but ever since the first time I heard it (and I don't remember when that was!), I was in love with it. Just the sound, and the lyrics, all of it! There's a part of the song that really stands out to me, and it goes like this:
"What day is it, and in what month? The clock never seemed so alive..."
Today when I heard the song (on Cold Case of all places!), I couldn't remember the lyrics as clearly since I hadn't heard it in a while, so off to google I went. I read that line and just started thinking, Wow! I can totally feel what this song is saying here. I mean, it's already MARCH! Over a week into March at that. Just yesterday I was writing out my goals for 2010! "The clock never seemed so alive.." So true! 

I can totally relate this song to other areas of the world and life in general too. I think about the earthquake in Haiti, then Chile, then the landslides in Uganda, the killings in Nigeria, then add to that all of the other things that daily plague nations all over the world: starvation, AIDS, ethnic cleansing, persecution, and so much more; with all of these things occurring, I just can't help but think of the Bible. (Yes, it is possible for a secular song to make me think about the Word! lol)

When I read Matthew 24:3-9, and then look at all of the stuff going on in the world today, I realize that all of these tribulations are only the beginning, and Jesus' return is imminent! Time is passing by soo quickly (see the correlation to "the clock never seemed so alive" now?), and I want to make the most of every moment that the Lord is giving me, making sure that He is honored from the time I wake up in the morning 'til I lay my head on the pillow to sleep at night (well....actually that's usually the morning too since I'm semi-nocturnal hehe). James reminds us in the Bible to always keep our lives in a right perspective:
Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit"; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 
Well, if I'm only gonna be on this earth for a short period of time, I want to make the most of it, and the best way to do that is to live my temporal life fully surrendered to the One with whom I'll be spending my entire eternal life! I can't keep my eyes off of You, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment