Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Sickies



Changing seasons....

As of this past weekend, winter officially turned to spring, and my body is totally confused. After experiencing several amazingly beautiful and glorious days of sunshine and warmth, torrential downpours (okay slight exaggeration!) came out of nowhere, bringing chilly winds and....a cold. Alas. Sinuses, coughing, the whole nine yards. So am I excited about spring? Most definitely! But am altogether thrilled with the havoc it's wreaked on my body this early in the season? Not at all. I'm not complaining though, really. I actually just wanted to share why I haven't been motivated to post for a bit, AND to share something new I'm going to start trying which I am entirely too excited about! And what is that something, you ask? Oh, let me tell you... :) Home remedies. 

How dare they make something so...so evil as the common cold into an adorable microbe plush toy??

Womp. I'm sure that's what some of you guys were thinking once you read the source of my excitement. But all haters aside, I really am looking forward to trying out the all-natural side of health and wellness. For me, it's so easy to pop a pill (or several pills!) to relieve a headache, pressure, cramps, cough, fever, whatever it may be. Medicines are definitely great for some health issues, but as I'm learning through my current research, somethings can be cured just as well (if not better!) through a natural means rather than a chemical one. I'm starting out with the basics:  vitamins. To be honest, I can't remember the last time I took a vitamin (which is sad, I know), but hey, I'm gonna get back on track! I googled the question of what a good vitamin for someone in my age range to take is, and came across this link from Oprah's website of what to look for in multivitamins and supplements if you're between the ages of 20 and 40. Useful tool! 

Who knows? I just may invest in one of these!

I think this is a great start to being a better steward of this physical body the Lord has given me! I'm still in the process of doing research and buying my all natural stuff from the store or wherever, but I shall let my readership know how my (hopefully lasting) new (and healthy!) habit goes!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment